Imran Khan was born on 25 November 1952 in Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan. His full name is Imran Khan Niazi. Here are 10 (ten) amazing facts about Imran Khan.
First lets see some basic information about him, here is some basic information:
Full name: Imran Khan Niazi
Birth date: 25 November 1952 (Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius)
Place of Birth: Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan
Education: Oxford University
Occupation: Pakistani politician, former cricketer, philanthropist, cricket commentator and former chancellor of the University of Bradford.
- He took Pakistan to Cricket World Cup finals in 1992 and won the tournament.
- Scored 3807 runs and grabbed 362 wickets when he was a cricketer.
- He is the founder of Shaukat Khanum Memorial Trust and he established Pakistan’s first cancer hospital “Shaukat Khanum Cancer Hospital” in 1994. His mother died due to cancer and it motivated him to establish a cancer hospital to treat cancer patients.
- Not only this, he also built this hospital in Peshawar in 2015.
- He married Jemima Goldsmith in 1995 and she was a jew but she converted to Islam before marriage.
- He built Namal College in 2008 in Mianwali, which is an associate college of the University of Bradford.
- He addressed World Economic Forum and is the only Asian to do so without being part of Government.
- He was voted as Asia’s Person Of The Year by Asia Society in 2012, and scored 88 percent of the total votes.
- He is the chairman of Pakistan Tehreek-E-Insaaf (PTI).
- 7 out of 10 Pakistani respondents favor Imran to lead Pakistan, according to Pew Research held in 2012.